Thank you for considering adoption! We look for the most committed adopters who are willing to provide an awesome home for these amazing dogs.
Our rescue is proudly LGBTQ2S friendly.
Please review our F.A.Q. page before applying.
Here is how our adoption procedure works:
1 – Apply on our site by filling out our adoption form, please make sure you are within our geographical adoption radius
2 – If your application is a good match with our available dogs, you will be contacted for a phone interview.
3 – You will be asked for two personal references and a vet references
4 – We will schedule a home visit (may be done virtually via video chat)
5 – We will schedule a meet and greet with the selected dog
Once approved you must provide:
- your own martingale collar or harness, metal tag with your dog’s name/your ID, your own leash, and confirmation of a dog trainer you plan to use
- $678 for dogs, or $791 (including HST) for puppies adoption fee to be paid by e-transfer
- proof of apartment or home insurance that covers liability
- proof of pet insurance upon adoption
- a signed copy of our adoption contract
- We do not adopt out of the Toronto/GTA and surrounding areas because our volunteer radius doesn’t reach that far for home visits and meet & greets. We need to be within reach so should anytime in their life they need assistance, we will be there.
- We do not adopt out dogs to homes with children under 12 years old, due to insurance reasons. Many of our dogs come to us with no history, so we prefer to play it safe.
- We do not adopt out to homes with 3 or more dogs, as we want our dogs to get the love and attention they deserve.
- We do not adopt internationally or ship dogs.
- We don’t believe that you need a yard to have a dog, we adopt out to people in condos, apartments, townhouses, and homes.
- We do not adopt out to anyone under the age of 21 years of age
- Adoption fees do not count as tax-deductible receipts because it is considered an exchange of goods by the C.R.A.